Beechworth Celtic Festival 4th, 5th & 6th November 2016
August ANNOUNCEMENT, 2016
This years' festival will continue with the successful 2015 format of entertainment and celebration in the Celtic spirit.
A number of activities are planned as follows:
- The Celtic Dinner at the Beechworth Old Priory – phone 03 5728 1024 for bookings
- A Meet and Greet session at the Hotel Nicholas
- The Hotels will be alive with music and activities throughout the day
- Many local traders will have trading tables adjacent to their businesses throughout the retail area
- The Rotary Club Celtic Market and “Scots on the Rock” music at Queen Victoria Park will entertain from 9am – 4pm. The Market offers something for everyone with food, traditional crafts, jewellery, face painting, clan information and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Beechworth Rotary Club website for further information.
- The Beechworth Farmers Market at Christ Church from 8am - 1pm.
- Victorian Scottish Union Highland Dancing Competition - Town Hall Gardens - 12.30pm onwards
- Highland Bands walking from Queen Victoria Park to the street locations via the Old Goal, the Town Hall Gardens and the Historic Precinct at regular intervals on the Saturday with music enroute.
- Highland Music and Pipers Crawl from location to location from 4-6pm
- Celtic Bands playing throughout the evening at the local hotels & brewery
- The Rotary Club Celtic Market and “Scots on the Rock” music at Queen Victoria Park will again entertain from 9am – 1pm
- Hotel Nicholas will host a poets breakfast and have Celtic Bands playing throughout the afternoon
- Bridge Road Brewery will have Celtic performers throughout the afternoon
The Celtic Festival is a diverse event with something to offer every age group, so this year in 2016 bring the whole family and create some fabulous Celtic memories together.
Details above subject to change.